Cooking with SoL Sunflower Beverages is a easy and delicious way to add some healthiness to your meal preparation. Here’s a dairy free option for pork lovers.
Using a one pound pork tenderloin cut,
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 honey
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of flour, or to make it gluten-free, use a small amount of tapioca starch*
- 1/2 cup of Sol Sunflower Beverage, Unsweetened
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, position oven rack to center, or warm up grill (preferred method).
Salt and pepper the tenderloin. Combine rub and evenly coat pork (you can do this ahead of time and leave on pork for up to one hour).
If baking, place tenderloin in a foil-lined or non-stick sprayed pan. Combine lemon juice, honey, and mustard, drizzle approx 2 tablespoons of mixture over pork. Place remaining sauce in a saucepan for later. Bake pork for 25 – 35 minutes, depending on the thickness.
If grilling, which produces more tender meat, sear all sides of the tenderloin, reduce heat and cook for approx 20 – 25 minutes, depending on the thickness. While the meat is cooking combine the unsweetened Sol and flour. This mixture will be lumpy. Heat saucepan mixture of lemon, honey and mustard. Once warmed up, whisk in the Sol and flour mixture until sauce is thickened. Watch this step closely, whisking often and not allowing your mixture to boil. Drizzle the sauce over the tenderloin and serve.
This recipe is low in fat and full of flavor. The pork reheats well.
* Tapioca starch is gluten-free and works well to thicken sauces. Start with a small amount, added after the lemon, honey, mustard and Sol are brought up to temperature, and add until your sauce is thickened to your liking. There are many gluten-free substitutes, feel free to use your favorite.