Now this one will wet your whistle! This smoothie is very filling and loaded with vitamins and protein, and will make for a great breakfast. And the fresh selection of fruit combined with the nutty flavor is a crowd pleaser for sure. The recipe below will serve 1-2 people quite handily.
- 1 cup of SoL Sunflower Beverage, Original flavor
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons of quick oats
- 1 large sliced banana, frozen
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- Mix flaxseed meal, oats and SOL in a small bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Then pour the flaxseed, oats, SOL mixture and the banana to a blender. Once you begin blending, add the frozen blueberries as you go.
- Blend until smooth; the mixture will be thick. Serve immediately.
You can easily double this recipe. Also, you can add additional mix ins, such as almond meal or protein powder, or swap out for other favorite berries.