Here’s a nutritious Spring recipe designed to enhance your outdoor picnics and social gatherings. This recipe makes for ample amounts of dip, certainly suitable for four-to-six people.
- 2 cups of sunflower seeds, soaked and drained
- 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of roughly chopped parsley
- 2 -3 cloves of roughly chopped garlic
- 1–2 cups of SoL Sunflower Beverage, Unsweetened flavor
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Soak the raw unsalted, shelled sunflower seeds in filtered water for 4 to 6 hours, then drain.
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add the drained sunflower seeds and one cup of SoL (keep the other cup of SoL in reserve). Process until the seeds begin to break down into a paste, then add the remaining ingredients, except the reserved cup of Sol. Continue to blend mixture and add the remaining SoL a bit at a time to get your desired consistency. You can serve this firm, like a pâté, or loose like a dip.
The mixture is bright and strong in flavor, loaded with nutrients and healthy fats. Serve with veggies, as a spread for crackers, on your favorite sandwich, or any way you like. The dip will keep in the refrigerator for one week.