This easy-to-prepare dessert favorite is drenched with tropical flavors, and with substituting dairy milk for SoL Sunflower Beverages, it becomes healthier. This tasty cake recipe is a sure hit for your family, or as a party pleaser, and can be prepared in advance of any occasion.
- 1 and 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of almond flour (optional)
- 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup of SoL Sunflower Beverage, Vanilla
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil, or your favorite baking oil
- 1/4 cup of butter or dairy free substitute
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Pineapple slices, canned or fresh
- Fresh Berries, seasonal or your favorite
- Preheat oven to 350° F, position oven rack to center. Spray a Bundt pan or a deep-dish cake pan with a non-stick spray.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the SoL Sunflower Beverage. If your coconut oil is solid, slowly warm it in the microwave and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. To get the best results start by sifting or lightening the flour. To lighten flour, use your cup measurement to scoop up flour and lightly toss it back down within your flour container; do this numerous times so that you add air to the flour. This ensures you are not getting too much flour in your recipes, and it yields a more delicate baked good.
- Gently stir your wet ingredients, folding and turning gently, just until ingredients are combined and moistened. Over mixing can result in a tough baked good.
- Slowly warm your butter and brown sugar on the stovetop until a caramel sauce is created. Place your pineapple slices in your sprayed baking dish and put a berry in each hole. Pour the caramel sauce over the pineapple and berries, then spoon your batter on top.
- Place pan in the center of the oven and bake for 40 – 50 minutes. Test the cake for doneness at 40 minutes. After cooling for 10 minutes, flip pan over on a plate and enjoy warm or cool.
- The muffins can be stored at room temperature for two days, or frozen and reheated. To thaw, allow to come to room temperature and put in a 375 degree oven for a few minutes to warm up and toast the top.