Here’s a twist on another favorite of ours, good for any time of year. With a recipe like this, they are almost too healthy to be called a cookie.
- 1 and 1/4 cup of gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of turbinado sugar or raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips*
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup of SoL Sunflower Beverage, Vanilla flavor
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, position oven rack to center. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a fork, mash the bananas; then add the Sol vanilla and pure vanilla extract, mixing until combined.
Toss together the oats, almonds, cinnamon, sugar (optional), coconut flakes, and chocolate chips. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until the oats are moistened and everything is combined.
Scoop out heaping tablespoons of mixture and pack into balls (it will be loose), place on the baking sheet and press to flatten.
Bake for 12 to 18 minutes until golden brown. Remove from tray after 5 minutes. Eat warm or refrigerate to preserve freshness. Will keep for one week. Can freeze and thaw. Enjoy these as an on-the-go breakfast. You can add dried fruit, or omit the chocolate chips if desired.
f you make the recipe as instructed, these resemble a favorite Girl Scout cookie, but are much healthier!
* If you have a gluten or dairy allergy, check the chocolate chip ingredients for allergens.