Try this different version of the popular Spanish breakfast—made with scrambled instead of fried eggs, and a dash of SoL! This dish incorporates the three macro-nutrients (protein, carbohydrates & healthy fat) making it a well-rounded and healthy breakfast.
1 corn tortilla
1 scrambled egg
1 Tbsp of SoL Original Sunflower Beverage
1/4 cup shredded cheese (Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese are good options)
Suggested Topping Ingredients:
(can use whatever you have on hand)
1 diced tomato or a few cherry tomatoes
1/2 diced avocado
1 Tbsp red onion, chopped
1 tsp jalapeño, chopped
1 tsp chopped cilantro
dash of lime juice
Yields 1 serving
1. In a bowl, scramble egg with 1 Tbsp of SoL.
2. Over medium heat, warm a small pan. Spray pan with cooking spray, or melt butter on it.
3. Place tortilla in the pan. Once the side facing down is warm, flip the tortilla. (Can do this twice for an extra crisp tortilla.)
4. Sprinkle cheese onto the tortilla once both sides are hot.
5. After the cheese has melted, carefully pour the egg mixture onto the center of the tortilla. It will start spilling over onto the pan—use a spatula to push the eggs back to the center of the tortilla.
6. Once all of the egg mixture is back on the tortilla, use spatula to flip it over and cook for about 20 seconds. Flip it back onto your plate and add your favorite toppings!