Head to your local farmer’s market while you can and pick up some fresh vegetables to make this light but satisfying corn chowder. The addition of squash makes for a fresh take on this popular recipe.
3/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1 pound yellow summer squash, chopped
1 pound frozen yellow baby corn kernels, thawed
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 1/4 cups SoL Original Sunflower Beverage
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
3/4 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 avocado, diced
Yields 4 servings
1. Sauté 1/2 cup onions, celery and squash in olive oil in pan (~8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender)
2. Set 1 cup of corn aside. Process remaining corn and 1 cup of SoL in blender until smooth.
3. Process remaining 1 1/4 cups milk, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in blender just enough to combine the ingredients.
4. Add the mixture and reserved 1 cup of corn to pan. Reduce heat to medium and cook ~5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt.
5. Serve about 1 ½ cups soup into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with about 1/4 avocado, diced.